Performance Counter Metrics
The names of performance counters may contain characters which are invalid for field names on some backends. Valid field name characters are letters, numbers and underscore (
[a-zA-Z0-9_]). Field names must begin with a letter.
uberAgent normalizes all field names as follows:
- Replace invalid characters with an underscore.
- Check if the field name starts with a letter. If not, prepend the name with
- Remove consecutive underscore characters.
This is done for every type of receiver to make sure that field names are identical in every backend.
Note: this also applies to field names sent via custom scripts.
Original input field: \Process(explorer)\Handle Count After replacement: uA_Process_explorer_Handle_Count
uberAgent can optionally collect the values of any Windows performance counters.
uberAgent supports a maximum of 100 performance counters per timer.
- Source type:
TimerNameis the timer name from uberAgent’s configuration)
- Used in dashboards: n/a
- Enabled through configuration setting:
- Related configuration settings: n/a
- Supported platform: Windows
|<CounterName>||Perfomance counter name||String||\System\System Up Time|