Installing uberAgent for Splunk is quick and straightforward. Due to the product’s flexibility, there is often more than one way of doing things. In such a case we describe the recommended configuration and link to supported alternatives.
- Read about the architecture options.
- If you do not have a running Splunk installation yet set up Splunk.
- Download uberAgent and extract the archive. You should have a directory uberAgent components with the following content:
- A subdirectory uberAgent_endpoint
- Packed Splunk app uberAgent_indexer.tgz
- Packed Splunk app uberAgent_searchhead.tgz
Installing uberAgent consists of the following steps: