Changelog and Release Notes
- User and host tags: tags store optional custom metadata that is associated with users or hosts and can be used for searching and filtering. Tag values can be determined from Active Directory, environment variables, or the registry.
- Backend: improved load balancing algorithm that chooses the next receiver server randomly. Previously, all endpoints switched to the same new server, unnecessarily increasing the load on that server.
- Update Inventory: uberAgent now shows the distinct count of machines where an update is not installed. The Single Update Inventory data table now lists the hosts where a specific update is not installed.
- Update Inventory [I36]: log file flooding is now prevented if errors occur querying the OS for the list of updates.
- Dashboards: the new dashboard Process UI Unresponsiveness complements the existing Application UI Unresponsiveness dashboard by providing similar views per process.
- Performance counters [I39]: increased reliability when collecting performance counters that may not have been localized correctly.
- Service [I32]: the uberAgent service would crash while processing standby events from the event log on Windows 10 1903 or newer.
- Service [I23]: in very rare cases the uberAgent service might crash while communicating with the uAInSessionHelper component.
- Application Inventory [I21]: in very rare cases the uberAgent service would crash while determining installed MSI packages.
- Application Inventory [I26]: search filter was not applied on data table All machines where the application is not installed.
- Dashboards [I27]: applied filter operators did not survive a page refresh.
- Inputlookup [I31]: the hostinfo lookups are now marked as case insensitive because the host and NameHost fields may have different cases.
- Boot/shutdown duration [I34]: with Windows 10 1903 or newer boot and shutdown metrics were not collected.
- Citrix ADC [I30]: fixed error (thread waits forever) if server is not reachable.
- Citrix database metrics [I45]: fixed multiple database events with same timestamp.
- Configuration [I18]: executable to application name mapping: specifying only the file name without the full path does not work.
- SMB client share [I25]: fixed error in SMB client shares performance counter determination on some localized Windows versions.
- Custom source ignored in sourcetype [I35]: a custom source in the [Receiver] stanza of the configuration should also be placed in the first part of the sourcetype. This was not the case.
- GPU: values for the fields ComputeUsagePercentAllEngines, ComputeUsagePercentEngine0 and similar can be higher than 100 with Intel Iris GPUs on Windows Server 2016 1607
- Citrix ADC: in very rare cases the content of the Virtual Server Performance field vServerName contains spaces in wrong places
- Citrix XA/XD Machines: when running the Citrix VDA on a Citrix Delivery Controller, some per-machine information is missing
- Browsers/IE add-on: metrics are not collected on page reload
- Browsers/IE add-on: metrics are collected incompletely for the configured start page
- IE browser performance monitoring does not work if IE is running as a Citrix XenApp published application. It does work from published desktops, however.
- Boot duration: the metrics TotalBootTimeMs, MainPathBootTimeMs and PostBootTimeMs cannot be determined for every system boot
- Update inventory: not all installed Windows updates may be reported due to API limitations
- Sourcetype: new sourcetype uberAgent:Tags:UserHost with fields: User, TagType, TagName, TagSource, TagValue, TagData