This documentation does not apply to the most recent version of uberAgent. Click here for the latest version.
Changelog and Release Notes
- Data volume [B586]: 5-15% reduction in UXM data volume by switching application usage calculations from the
- Drivers (Windows) [B462]: restrict access to uberAgent’s drivers from user mode applications.
- Service (Windows) [I418]: kernel driver load events are now available in ESA activity monitoring rules (uAQL queries), too.
- Dashboards [I420]: fixed column visualization in the Single Logon dashboard.
- Dashboards [I426]: fixed wrong calculations in the Process DNS dashboard.
- Service (Windows) [I424]: process and session GUIDs were not as expected on 32-bit versions of the agent.
- Service (Windows) [I427]: Citrix Cloud data for machines, catalogs, and hypervisors could be incomplete due to missing support for pagination.
- Configuration: the metric
ApplicationUsagewas marked as deprecated and removed from the default configuration.
uberAgent:Process:ProcessDetailhas new field(s):
- Agent [I439]: memory leak when the metric
ProcessStartupis set as an on-demand timer for uberAgent versions greater or equal 6.0. To fix this, remove
[OnDemand]stanza. Note that it’s removed by default.
- Dashboards [I431]: historic user tags are not available in the dashboards. To receive an updated
savedsearches.conffile, please write a mail to [email protected]
- Boot duration: the metrics
PostBootTimeMscannot be determined for every system boot.
- Browsers/IE add-on: metrics are not collected on page reload.
- Browsers/IE add-on: metrics are collected incompletely for the configured start page.
performancevariable. When that happens, uberAgent cannot determine the page load duration.
- Citrix ADC: in very rare cases the content of the Virtual Server Performance field
vServerNamecontains spaces in wrong places.
- Citrix site monitoring: data collection issue if the Citrix Remote Powershell SDK (required for Citrix Cloud monitoring) is installed on a CVAD controller.
- Citrix XA/XD Machines: when running the Citrix VDA on a Citrix Delivery Controller, some per-machine information is missing.
- Experience score [I377]: scheduled searches generate three warnings in Splunk’s
_internalindex every 30 minutes. The messages look like the following:
DateParserVerbose - Failed to parse timestamp in first MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD (128) characters of event.. However, there is no impact on uberAgent’s functionality.
- GPU [I33]: values for the fields
ComputeUsagePercentEngine0and similar can be higher than 100 with Intel Iris GPUs on Windows Server 2016 1607.
- IE browser performance monitoring does not work if IE is published from Citrix Virtual Apps. It does work from Citrix Virtual Desktops, however.
- Kafka [I291]: in rare cases sending data to Kafka results in a SEC_E_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL error message in the logfile. This should have no affect; the transmission is repeated and succeeds on the second try.
- Performance [I372]: on macOS, running uberAgent has a noticeable impact on I/O performance of small writes. As a workaround, the new config flag
DisableESFileSystemMonitoringhas been added. If set, performance will not be impacted, but
ProcIOPSWritewill not be available in
- Update inventory: not all installed Windows updates may be reported due to API limitations.
- Volume inventory: on macOS, the encryption status of mounted read-only APFS snapshots may not be reported due to API limitations. This includes the root directory volume in a default installation of macOS.