Changelog and Release Notes
- Browsers: uberAgent now determines UX metrics for SaaS and web apps in Internet Explorer via a new add-on. This complements the existing Chrome extension.
- Browsers: blacklists and whitelists can be configured for web app metrics to collect data only from specific sites.
- Browsers: uberAgent now determines web application usage including the active foreground tab.
- Machine GPU: uberAgent now shows GPU compute usage per display adapter and engine (requires Windows 10 1709)
- Splunk index size reduction: uberAgent’s Splunk index takes up approx. 5% less disk space with the removal of the dedicated Timestamp field. This does not affect the _time field.
- Blacklists and whitelists: all blacklists and whitelists in uberAgent’s configuration now use regular expressions
- Log file: new (rotated) log files are prepended with uberAgent’s configuration to simplify troubleshooting
- Log file: obfuscated AD domain names are not logged in plaintext any more
- Automatic application detection: environment variables and regular expressions can now be used when specifying mapping overrides. App versions are now determined for mapping overrides, too.
- Automatic application detection: changed/updated application versions are now detected immediately. Previously, uberAgent would cache version numbers until the service was restarted.
- Browsers: the HTTP status code is now determined for page load events, too
- Dashboards: uberAgent now supports more flexible filtering in all dashboards
- Dashboard Boot Duration: fixed drilldown issue.
- Dashboard Citrix XA/XD Databases: fixed issue when using named database connection port.
- Dashboard Citrix XA/XD Licensing: fixed wrong expiration and SA date.
- Dashboard Stop Errors: not all errors were displayed.
- Splunk TCP: error messages related to sending data to Splunk via TCP that contained characters outside the 7-bit ASCII range were not logged. Instead, uberAgent would log “Utf8ToWstring,Failed to convert a string of length…”
- Log file: obfuscated domains are not logged in plain text any more
- GPU metrics: if GPU metric collection failed for one adapter GPU processing would stop, ignoring other adapters.
- Service: in very rare cases the uberAgent service would crash while determining installed Windows updates
- Data models: folded data model uberAgent2 back into main accelerated data model uberAgent. With auto-skewing enabled (requires Splunk 7.1), separate data models are not necessary any more.
- Blacklists and whitelists: values are now interpreted as regular expressions. Backwards compatibility is given, but you might want to fine-tune your lists.
- Configuration: removed configuration section [WindowsProcesses]. It was not needed any more.
- Configuration: changed default configuration section [ProcessToApplicationMapping]. Improved Windows Defender detection.
- Browsers: sourcetypes uberAgent:Application:BrowserWebRequests and uberAgent:Application:BrowserPageLoads combined into single new sourcetype uberAgent:Application:BrowserWebRequests2.
- Chrome extension: a new version 2 of the uberAgent Chrome extension is available and should be deployed along with the updated agent. Interoperability between the v1 extension and the new 5.1 agent and the v2 extension and the 5.0 agent is given.
- Session detail: sourcetype uberAgent:Session:SessionDetail has new fields: SessionFgBrowserType and SessionFgBrowserActiveTabHost
- Libraries: updated all third-party code libraries to the latest versions
- Internet Explorer add-on: metrics are not collected on page reload
- Internet Explorer add-on: metrics are collected incomplete for configured start page
- IE browser performance monitoring does not work if IE is running as a Citrix XenApp published application. It does work from published desktops, however.
- Boot duration: The metrics TotalBootTimeMs, MainPathBootTimeMs and PostBootTimeMs cannot be determined for every system boot.